Beaver’s Bend State Park
- Tree ID Walk, April 10th, 10:00 a.m. on the Tree Trail
Greenleaf State Park
- Spring Plant Identification, April 24th, 2:00 p.m.
Grand Lake State Park, Bernice Area
- Wacky Wetlands, April 10th, 10:00 a.m. Join in as we learn what makes a wetland wacky, meet a wonderful wetland friend, and take a trip down our nature trail to see what critters we can find in our very own wetland area! Program is intended for families with children 5 and up.
- Forest Defenders, April 24th, 10:00 a.m. At Bernice Area our nature trails are under invasion and we need your help! Earth Day can be every day, but let’s take a hike down our nature trails and discuss how we can all help to protect our Grand forests from invasion. We will discuss invasion from both plant’s and animal’s as we work together to beautify the trails at Bernice area. Forest Defenders is open to adults, teenagers & families. Kids 15 & under must be accompanied by a guardian.
Lake Murray State Park
- Wildflower Walk, April 17th, 10:30 a.m. Meet at the Nature Center to explore with park naturalist, Bonnie Farris, the habitat around the Tucker Tower and Nature Center.
Sequoyah State Park
- Kids Bird Bingo, April 18th 3:30 p.m. at the Three Forks Nature Center with Rebecca Renfro – Oklahoma Ornithological Society
Tenkiller State Park – Driftwood Nature Center
- Spring Flower Discovery Hike, April 10th, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Park naturalist will guide a hike to looking for our spring wildflowers and show you how to make observations using iNaturalist.
- Tidy up Tenkiller, April 17th, 10:00 a.m. check-in. Greater Tenkiller Area Associations park clean up day. We will be handing out trash bags, but you are also encouraged to make observations of reptiles and amphibians in iNaturalist while you are helping make the park a better place.
- Earth Day Celebrations
- April 22nd – 9:00 a.m. Bird Hike, 1:00 p.m. Wildflower Hike, 3:00 p.m. Nature Print Shirts ($8)
- April 23rd – 1:00 p.m. Bird Song BINGO, 6:00 p.m. Evening Hike with a Naturalist
- April 24rd – 10:00 a.m. Big Walk About: bring your binoculars, bird guide, and walking shoes to record bird observations in eBird
More information on all Oklahoma State Park Events
We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community through BioBlitz! OK. In this space we will be highlighting a diversity of people and projects, amplifying underrepresented voices, and showing the BioBlitz! OK community that everyone is welcome!
BioBlitz! OK is a celebration of Oklahoma’s biodiversity. During the first weekend of October and during the entire month of April, expert biologists and citizen scientists count as many species as possible! 100s of people explore the mountains and grasslands, forests and wetlands looking for our state’s amazing biodiversity.